Monday, January 30, 2012

Emily's New Hair!

As some may know, my natural hair isn't what you see, it's actually a dark brown. But I've been getting highlights for about 2 years. I recently decided I was going to do something I've wanted to do for a really long time; donate my hair to locks of love (locksoflove.org). Like I mentioned I've been wanting to do this since I was little, and if you watch SHAYTARDS you'll know Brallie and PrincessTard recently cut and donated their hair, this kinda of got me into actually going through with it; which I will this time. Something else that's inspried me; a few years ago my cousin got  Non-Hodkins Lymphoma, she unfortunetly lost her battle in 2009. I remember her being upset when her hair started falling out, and thought what if I could give a girl her hair back? So that's what I'm going to do!

To grow out my hair, would mean growing out my highlights, so to make it look more normal I decided to die it back to my natural color. I used . Garnier Nutrisse Creme in Meduim Natural Brown. I actually really like this hair color because I didn't leave my hair really dry. It comes with a deep conditioner, and may I remind everyone to use a lot! If it comes with a lot you use it! My mom and I were concerned that their wouldn't be enough hair color for my hair. Because even though it's thin I have a lot of it! But there was enough... and extra. So don't worry if you don't think there will be enough. 
Have you ever donated your hair?
~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment